Working hours: usually 5 days/week with occasional weekends
Household type: fully staffed
A VIP family from Mayfair is looking for a Head Housekeeper to join their fully staffed household.
Your working hours will be full-time but flexible to meet the family’s travel, business and entertainment schedules and to perform all duties; usually 5 days/week with occasional weekends (depending on the family’s schedule); flexibility is the key to this role when the family is in residence.
As the role is live-in and the family offers large own room with en-suite bathroom for your personal use.
The family lives in an apartment block consisting of a number of large family apartments for which you will be responsible. You will be in charge of a team of housekeepers, but will be also expected to be hands on in the role.
Some of the members of the family own cats and it is important you are pet friendly. Also, you are not required to drive, but occasional travel with the family will apply, and it is extremely important you are a non-smoker.
• Managing all aspects of the household
• Managing the house with pride and to impeccable standards much like that of a private hotel
• Providing a top-quality service to the Principals, their family and guests
Your Household Management responsibilities:
• Full hands on management, care and service of the house to the highest standards
• Regular liaison with the Principals
• Implementation and maintenance of the required service standards and operational procedures
• Effective management of staff rotas and household schedules
• Managing budgets, minor bill paying, petty cash
Your Day to Day responsibilities:
• Seamless running of the day to day functioning of the house
• Efficient and effective communication and working relationship with the Principals, the family and household staff
• Constant communication with the household staff to ensure everyone is up to date on the plans/ requirements for that day/ week ahead and prioritised accordingly
• Ensuring the house is ready and welcoming to the principals and guests when applicable
• Purchasing of supplies, coordinating deliveries and controlling access to the house
• Maintain house manuals, routines, operations and inventories (crockery, catering equipment, linens)
• Handle household deliveries and post
• To assist with any other household tasks as and when required.
If you are an experienced Head Housekeeper with a flexible attitude towards working hours, are extremely well organised, and take pride in both managing and looking after others houses, at the same time being happy to jump into performing housekeeping duties, then this vacancy is just for you!
Applying for this position you must have minimum 3 years of experience in similar role in the UK, up to date CRB/DBS, up to date Paediatric Firs Aid and checkable references.
Please email your CV to Aleksandra@empirelondon.uk